Sunday, February 14, 2016

Slow cooked pineapple pork

Ingredients

400g lean pork, cubed
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 cloves garled, peeled and finely chopped
2" root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
227g can of pinapple chunks in juice
2 tbsp soy sauce ( I use gluten free tamari)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp boullion powder ( I use Marigold gluten free)
3 tsp cornflour mixed with enough water to make a thin paste
Water to cover

Method

Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker, with enough water to cover the other ingredients. Stir. Cook on low for approx 5 hours. Remove the lid and turn up to high and cook for a further hour.

Serve with plain boiled rice.

Serves 4.



5 comments:

  1. I love things I can cook in my slow cooker, this sounds tasty!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do too, it's such an easy way to cook.

      Delete
  2. YAY another gluten and dairy free blog- glad to have found you via UK bloggers. I' m over at www.abalancedbelly.co.uk
    do you have twitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm @HHEeeBahGum on twitter. Thanks for popping in. I'll check out your blog.

      Delete
    2. Love the look of your blog. have subscribed.

      Delete