Monday, December 28, 2015

Juicing ideas - Hide the brocolli, Green and Clean, and Greentastic

For those of you lucky enough to have a juicer:

or if you are thinking of buying a juicer, check out my review here: Omega juicer review

Hide the Broccoli!

3 apples
1 beetroot
large piece of broccoli stalk
1" root ginger

And yes it does hide the taste of the broccoli - it has a general tangy vegetabley taste.


Green and clean

A fresh but sweet tasting green juice:
1 apple
1 pear
3 kiwis
1/2 pineapple
1  large handful of spinach

makes 2-3 good sized glasses




Greentastic

3 handfuls of spinach
1 carrot
3 apples
2 Satsumas
1/2" root ginger
1 peach





 


6 comments:

  1. I had a juicer last year and gave a juice cleanse a go, and I found it absolutely miserable, maybe I should give it a second chance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I have done a juice detox but I generally just incorporate juices into my everyday diet. I like food too much to just live on juice lol.

      Delete
  2. Ooh these look so good especially the green clean and green tastic ones, I bought my brother in law a juicer for Xmas and wish I'd picked one up for me too! I'll have to check the sales! Great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a lovely Chirstmas pressie, hope you find yourself a bargain too

      Delete
  3. Great list of juices. If definitely go for the 'green and clean'. Now we've come back home after 2 weeks of eating lots in France, we need the healthy juices, soups and veg in general

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I havrn't been away but I've definitely been eating too much Christmas food and need something healthy.

      Delete