Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Recipe - Lemon shortcakes (gluten and dairy free)

Ingredients:

170 g (6 oz) dairy free margarine (I use Vitalite)
70 g (21/2 oz) raw cane sugar (or caster sugar)
170 g (6 oz) rice flour
zest of 2 lemons
1 tsp lemon extract
1/4 cup of coconut milk (the type you get in a litre carton - I use Koko)

Preheat oven to 160 C (140-150 fan /gas 3-4).
Cream margarine and sugar. Beat in the lemon zest and extract. Stir in the flour and beat well.
Spoon into a piping bag or gun (see my Masterchef biscuit and piping set review here:   )>
Pipe into cupcake cases. Don't fill them too high - these are not like cupcakes, think more like Viennese Whirls in paper cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12 - 15




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They taste better than they look tbh - now a firm favourite with my daughter who is gluten free

      Delete
  2. Anything lemon based instantly has my attention and these look amazing. I know what i'm baking next! Thanks for the recipe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lemon flavoured baking myself. Thanks for dropping in.

      Delete