Saturday, June 21, 2014

Gluten and dairy free Yorkshire Puddings

Being gluten and dairy free can't keep a Yorkshire woman away from her Yorkshire puds.  Although I like to have a healthy diet, there's got to be room in my life for treats and tradition - good for the soul.

I promise you these do rise and come pretty close to normal Yorkshires.

Ingredients

1/3 cup cornflour
1/3 cup brown rice flour
2 medium eggs
2 floz coconut milk (the sort you buy in a 1 litre carton)
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius/gas mark 7.

Sieve the flours into a jug and season.  Add the eggs and milk and whisk vigorously to make a smooth batter.

Pour a little vegetable oil into the bottom of your tin/s - I use a six hole muffin tin.  Pop in the oven until the tins are piping hot. Then take them out and quickly pour your batter in. Return to the oven and cook for 15 mins or until well risen and golden. Don't open the oven door while they are cooking.






16 comments:

  1. Yum! Great alternative to yorkshire puddings :)

    www.hungryhealthyhappy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't eat gluten or dairy and it took me ages to get a recipe that worked.

      Delete
  2. They look delicious. I love a 'knobbly' Yorkshire Pud.

    Cat
    www.rockandrollpussycat.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why they turn out knobbly but they do taste good - getting gluten and dairy free ones that are good feels quite a triumph lol.

      Delete
  3. I've never used brown rice flour...will have to look out for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The supermarkets do gluten free flours that tend to contain potato starch which I also cannot eat. I found some brown rice flour at Dove's farm and was happy to find it works really well in quite a lot of recipes. Would be too heavy on its own in Yorkshire puds though.

      Delete
  4. These look amazing!

    http://www.journeysthroughmeadows.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious, thanks for dropping by my blog - ajulydreamer.com and leaving some love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. o my goodness these look delicious, i do love a Yorkshire pudding !! really need to try make myself some xx
    Melissa ♥ || The Inked Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too. I do try to eat mostly really healthy food but I have some treats too.

      Delete
  7. My husband makes wonderful Yorkshire puddings but these look much healthier than the calorific ones he bakes. I'll have to persuade him to give this recipe a whirl. Hugs Mrs H xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a plan - train hubby to make them!

      Delete
  8. this looks so yummy..gonna try this out
    http://leavepillow.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete