Saturday, May 18, 2013

Jamie Oliver Wok Review

A few weeks ago I decided to treat myself to a new wok as the last one I owned had bitten the dust.  I am a big fan of stir-fries. I opted for the Jamie Oliver Wok from Debenhams as it was on offer.  I fell in love with the feel of it when I picked it up. Some kitchen utensils just feel so right in your hand, and this was one of them.


It feels really sturdy. I love the size of the flat base compared to the sides, it seems just the right shape for stirring and tossing the ingredients whilst being nice and stable. I have had it a few weeks now and it is in use several times a week and still seems like new. Very happy with this one.





12 comments:

  1. I know a flat bottom isn't part of a traditional wok, but I find it useful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new wok and this one looks great. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Green Earth wok (made from natural ceramic - no non-stick chemicals) with a flat base and I love it - it does make cooking things a lot easier than a traditional curved base. #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds lovely. I've just started looking at natural ceramic pans - they do look great.

      Delete
  4. Can't beat a quality wok for fast fresh meals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - a stir fry is one of my favourite quick lunches.

      Delete
  5. That looks fab.....I'm on the hunt for a new Wok this may be something to look for x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like a great piece of kitchen kit, and a great size too. Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a good size. Thanks for poppin in. x

      Delete
  7. I need a wok instead of using a pan for stir fries, this looks great #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed with a frying pan for quite some time but it is much easier with a wok - things don't keep jumping out lol.

      Delete