Saturday, January 12, 2013

Review - Honeypie Minerals

I was lucky enough to win a competition recently and receive some Honeypie Mineral goodies as the prize. Here are the goodies:


I had not heard of this company before coming across the competition, but I am a fan of natural and eco-friendly products so was keen to try them out. 

Firstly the brush. The case is made from recycled aluminium and the bristles are synthetic but therefore cruelty free. The brush feels nice and soft but the thing I love best is it's just one of those things that feels so good to handle, a lovely size and weight in my hand. 



The little pots contain foundation, blusher, eye-shadow and a green corrector. The powders seem quite similar in texture. As I have rather dry skin, that doesn't have the best texture - old age bah - they look a little powdery if applied to my bare face, but slap on a good moisturiser first and allow it to soak in and they go on great. Which of course I would do normally; I was just being over-eager to play around at first.

I chose the light colour foundation, as I do have a pale skin, and the colour was as I hoped. The blusher is called Candy and looks a little less pink on my face than in the pot, but that actually works really well with my complexion,  and I expect it depends on your skin tone. 



The eye-shadow is called mushroom, and was a little darker than I imagined but it is a really nice tone and blends well and can be applied wet or dry. At £4.99 I think it is a real bargain for a natural mineral eye-shadow. 

In fact having had a look around the site I think the prices are really reasonable. Delivery is free on UK orders over £15 and there's a nice selection of products.

I haven't tried the green corrector as I don't really have the complexion for it. I think this may make a nice little gift for a friend.


If you want to look their website is here: http://www.honeypieminerals.com/#/shop/4558896561/eyeshadow
and they have a facebook page too: https://www.facebook.com/honeypieminerals

I have no connection with the company and they have not asked me to do this, I just wanted to share something that I was pleased with.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your nice comments Heather.
    We are so glad to hear you have enjoyed your prize.

    As you have said, our natural products are reasonably priced...and one of our main ethics is high quality mineral cosmetics at fair affordable prices, which we are very proud of.

    Thanks again for your lovely words.

    x

    ReplyDelete