Friday, January 11, 2013

Recipe - Raw lime, ginger, and mango pleesecake

This dessert is raw, gluten and dairy free, and very healthy!

Ingredients: 

Base
I cup nuts (I used walnuts and almonds on this occasion but your choice)
I cup dates
1/2 tsp ground ginger
Filling:
2 avacados
Juice and zest of 4 limes
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon raw honey
Topping:
1 Mango, peeled and sliced


Instructions:
1. Put the nuts and dates into 2  bowls, cover with some water,  and soak overnight

2. Drain the nuts and dates and mix using a blender or food processor,  Add the ground ginger and mix in.
3. Press the mixture into the base of a dish or tin



For those of you with a dehydrator, if you prefer the base less moist you can dehydrate at about 40 degrees until it has the texture you like.
4. Scoop the flesh from the avacados and blend with other filling ingredients. Spread onto the base and chill for 1-2 hours.
5. Decorate with the sliced mango. I was very short of time at this point so this one is a very casual sort of decoration:







16 comments:

  1. this looks amazing and will deffo let my sis in law to be know as she is dairy intolerant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Pleesecake but I do love ginger and nuts. Fab that this can be eaten by those with gluten and dairy intolerances. Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the name up as a play on cheesecake - I can't eat dairy or gluten myself.

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing, that green colour is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I should have taken more time to make it look pretty but was in a hurry and I'm definitely a flavour first person.

      Delete
  4. Hmm looks interesting, I love the idea of the base, not so sure on the topping!
    Two Hearts One Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tastes better than it sounds lol but I would say the base would be something most people would like the best.

      Delete
  5. I am intrigued by raw recipes and have loved them when I tried them at a restaurant. This looks really interesting! Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare
    Check our the pinterest board here http://www.pinterest.com/supergolden88/cookblogshare/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to eat more raw, though I'll never be a purist - too many cooked things I love too. I do follow the pinterest board - some great inspiration on there. :)

      Delete
  6. I love the name so much! Sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. o0o this looks and sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete